Write Plain and Simply
Disclose Your Processors
The requirement that took the most effort was the research and documentation of all the third party processors we use. For us, this isn’t that many services but for other companies it could be dozens. A good place to start is your StatusGator dashboard. What are all the services you monitor on StatusGator? Many are likely processors of your customer’s personal data. Our processor list turned out to be the following:
- Google G Suite: our email provider
- Google Analytics: website traffic stats
- Stripe: processes payments
- FreshDesk: handles customer support tickets
- Bugsnag: logs unhandled exceptions in our applications
- Sendgrid: email service provider
- Postmark: backup email service provider
StatusGator is our service that monitors status pages and sends you notifications when the services you care about go down. You can receive notifications in Slack or by email, SMS, or even web hook. Customers love our Slack slash command which allows querying the status of any service on demand right from where your team hangs out.
Try a 30 day free trial of StatusGator and let us know what you think.