What is Uptime Robot?
Uptime Robot offers a basic status page with its free plan. Starting from $8 to $64 monthly, UptimeRobot users can access more status page features. The full scope of functionality by Uptime Robot includes:
- a custom domain and white-label
- status page subscriptions
- excluding the status page from indexing.
This basic status page functionality may seem expensive compared to some Uptime Robot competitors because Uptime Robot is primarily an uptime monitoring tool.
It is focused on the performance and monitoring of websites, SSL certificates, ports, and other parameters.
1. StatusGator as UptimeRobot Alternative
StatusGator is an all-in-one status page solution that broadcasts the health of your internal and external services and compiles the status data of more than 2,700 cloud services. So, you keep tabs on the availability of your third-party services like hosting, payment processors, and application programming interfaces.
By combining a fully-functional status page and status aggregation of cloud services, StatusGator becomes an excellent resource for IT teams, DevOps teams, and system admins in schools.
StatusGator pricing is categorized into Business and Education, where the Education plan starts at $45 per month and the business at $72 per month.
Features of StatusGator
- Status Aggregation: Aggregate the status of all your vendors into a single status page
- Status Page: Your fully functional status page to inform your users of outages on time and keep the support tickets at bay
- Private Status Page: Your team’s private status page to keep your team informed
- Cloud Monitoring: Monitor all your cloud services from a single status page
- Website Monitoring: Monitor your website with uptime monitoring built-in
Benefits of StatusGator
- Unlimited status page subscribers with 3,600+ cloud service statuses
- Built-in website monitoring: No external tool is needed.
- Custom domain, logo, and favicon upload
- Removal of brand and white label status pages
- SSO and 2FA password security
- Public status page with a free plan
- Free trial for all plans.
UptimeRobot Vs. StatusGator
1. StatusGator offers more features of a status page for less price than UptimeRobot.
2. Status aggregation with insights into the uptime of third-party service is available only in StatusGator.
3. StatusGator’s primary service is a unified status page; for UptimeRobot, it is uptime monitoring.
2. Instatus.com as UptimeRobot Alternative
Instatus is a status page provider that offers a free status page with unlimited subscribers. Instatus won’t charge you for additional subscribers to your status page as your business expands.
Instatus offers the following features:
- Option to set up planned maintenance
- Incident message templates
- Option to subscribe to a status page via email
- Integration with incident management software such as PagerDuty, Datadog, Pingdom, New Relic, and more.
Benefits of Instatus
- Allows users to add status widgets to the website
- Price doesn’t change based on how many people subscribe
- API and integrations with incident management tools, like PagerDuty.
- Simple and clean design
- Free status page with unlimited team members on the Instatus domain
Instatus Vs. Uptime Robot
Instatus offers a free status page with unlimited subscribers and team access slots. Their paid plan starts at $20 monthly, with a 7-day free trial. They have separate pricing for public, private, and limited-audience status pages. In contrast, UptimeRobot’s white-labeled status pages are available only if you pay for their Team plan, which costs $34 per month and now costs $29 per month for a full-featured status page.
3. Status.io as UptimeRobot Alternative
Status.io offers a hosted status page system, and its infrastructure is powered by multiple systems in various parts of the world.
Regarding the technical overview, Status.io features complete control for multi-tenant infrastructure and complex distribution systems.
Every status page has its specialized API method, allowing developers to retrieve information about the system’s current state easily.
Status.io provides users with an additional status page for testing, which can significantly assist some users.
Benefits of Status.io
- Works with multi-tenant system architectures
- Customizable design
- Incidents and planned maintenance
- Subscribers notifications
- Twitter broadcast
Status.io Vs. UptimeRobot
When it comes to pricing, UptimeRobot is significantly more affordable than Status.io.
UptimeRobot offers uptime monitoring and a status page on a free plan, while Stataus.io does not do uptime monitoring or offer a free plan.
Status.io’s status page price starts at $79 per month. In comparison, the full functionality of UptimeRobot’s status page begins at $29 per month.
The Plus plan of Status.io costs $349 per month, including a private status page and the display of status updates from third-party vendors. On the other hand, it is unclear how many different vendors are available.
4. Better Uptime as UptimeRobot Alternative
Better Uptime is a product that combines incident management, uptime monitoring, and status pages. It is a very close alternative to Uptime Robot, considering its features. Both services have beautifully designed status pages linked to uptime monitors and can be edited in seconds.
Better Uptime allows users to set up password-protected pages on paid plans. Status page subscriptions are available via email and API. Also, BetterUptime’s status page can be fully customized and published on a custom domain.
As for the monitoring, Better Uptime does synthetic monitoring of pings, SSL and TLD expiration, HTTPS, cron job, and port surveillance.
To manage incidents, Better Uptime has on-call scheduling. In terms of alerting, all paid plans of Better Uptime include unlimited phone calls and SMS alerts. Integrations with Slack and Microsoft Teams are also available. Incorporating incident screenshots and debugging information directly into alerts can be extremely useful.
Better Uptime offers various monitoring and analytical integrations – Heroku, New Relic, Datadog, AWS, and Grafana are probably the most interesting.
Benefits of Better Uptime
- Free status page for all users on a custom domain
- Screenshots of an issue within the status notice
- Built-in uptime monitoring
- Widget for the website.
Better Uptime Vs. UptimeRobot
Better Uptime provides five status pages on a free plan, while Uptime Robot offers limited features and one status page. An important distinction is that Better Uptime offers only public status pages.
5. StatusPage.io as UptimeRobot Alternative
Statuspage is a status page provider that allows organizations to communicate the status of their services and systems to their users in real time. Statuspage has separate pricing plans for public, private, and audience-limited status pages. Therefore, the solution might be expensive if you need two or more types of status pages.
Features of StatusPage.io are:
- Incident management: With Statuspage, you can manage incidents, provide updates, add comments, and track the progress of the incident.
- Public API: Statuspage offers a public API that enables developers to access real-time status updates and incident data.
- Multi-channel notifications: You can send notifications to your users via email, SMS, Slack, and other communication channels.
- Historical data: Statuspage stores historical data about incidents and uptime, which can help you analyze trends and improve your services.
- Customizable pages: Statuspage allows you to create custom pages that match your branding and design. You can add your logo, colors, and images to make the page look like a part of your website.
Benefits of Statuspage.io
- Improved communication: With Statuspage, you can communicate effectively with your users during an incident, which can help reduce frustration and build trust.
- Analytics: Statuspage provides analytics that can help you understand how your services perform and identify improvement areas.
Statuspage.io Vs. UptimeRobot
Statuspage.io belongs to Atlassian and integrates well with the company’s other products. Users can access a public status page with 100 subscribers, two team members, two metrics, email, Slack notifications, and REST API for free. While with UptimeRobot, users get limited features of a status page but 50 monitors of performance.
6. Upptime as UptimeRobot Alternative
Upptime is an open-source uptime monitoring tool and status page powered by GitHub Action, Issues, and Pages.
With GitHub Action, Upptime lets users automate workflows. It means Upptime automatically checks your website every 5 minutes and displays its status on the status page.
Upptime generates daily graphs of the website’s response times, so you can easily see and share your long-term statistics.
Status page customization is available on Upptime – the logo, copy, graphs, and more can be changed.
Benefits of Upptime
- Free and open-source
- Adequate status checks and updates (every 5 minutes)
- Functional, customizable
- Runs from GitHub – no hosting is needed
Upptime Vs. UptimeRobot
So Upptime is free and requires no hosting. Thus, your status page depends on the availability of GitHub. It will take time, knowledge, and experience to use the benefits of Upptime to the fullest. With UptimeRobot, the setup is comparatively faster and easier, but your status page features will be limited by the pricing plan.
7. Cachet as UptimeRobot Alternative
Cachet is a noteworthy opponent to UptimeRobot, as it includes a status page with an option to set up numerous metrics. It’s a free, open-source tool where users can set up their dashboard with any status metrics they want: uptime, error rates, or response times.
In addition, Cachet offers an API that lets you integrate with other systems for automated reporting. You can view the real-time status of all services monitored by Cachet and see historical data on uptime and downtime.
Cachet can also schedule your maintenance events in advance so that you never have to worry about keeping the system up and running when a user needs something done.
Benefits of Cachet
- It is customizable
- It is 2-factor authentication compatible
- It has an excellent dashboard chart
- It has multiple languages
- Slack community
- And the most exciting part is that Cachet is free and open source
Cachet Vs. UptimeRobot
Cachet supports virtually any setup of a status page. Cachet might be perfect for enthusiastic users who have hosting and want to put up their status page on their own. UptimeRobot is for users who need uptime monitoring and a status page within the shortest period and hassle-free.
Status Page Providers Comparison
|Private status page
|✅ On all plans
|Monitoring - third-party service statuses
|Only on private pages
|Cost per month
|Starts at $72
|Starts at $29
|Starts at $30
|Starts at $20
|Starts at $79
|Starts at $7
|Status page features
|On paid plans
|On Standard plan and higher
|On PRO plan and higher
|Subscribers to status pages
|Limited. Available on higher plans only
|Limited. Quantity depends on the plan
|Limited. Available on higher plans only
|Email, SMS, Slack, MS Teams, Discord
|SMS, Discord Slack, Twitter, Micrisoft teams, email
SMS, voice call,
|Email, SMS, voice call, Slack, Zapier, Twitter
|On Starter plan and higher
|On Business plan and higher
|On Private PRO plan and higher
|Authentication via SSO,
SAML Identity Providers,
IP Access control
|3 min or 30 sec on Freelancer plan and higher
|5 min or 1 min on PRO plan
|Contact form, email, chat
Help with installation $249
G Suite and SAML single sign-on
SSO on Enterprise plan
|SSO / SAML on Business plan
|2FA with Yubikey,Custom TLS / SSL Certificate,
FAQ on Uptime Robot Alternatives
Q: What is the alternative to UptimeRobot?
A: The best alternative to UptimeRobot would be StatusGator.
StatusGator offers a comprehensive solution combining website and cloud service status monitoring. StatusGator offers a robust status aggregation feature where users can monitor the statuses of their websites and the services they depend on.
Q: What is the best UptimeRobot alternative (in terms of status page)?
A: The two best alternatives to UptimeRobot are StatusGator and Instatus. StatusGator is an all-in-one status page solution that monitors the availability of internal and external services. At the same time, Instatus is a status page provider that offers a free status page with unlimited terms, although it does not offer a custom domain. StatusGator is better for those who need to monitor multiple websites and require incident management. At the same time, Instatus is suitable for those who do not consider custom domains a significant issue.
Q: What are the UptimeRobot Competitors?
A: StatusGator is a strong UptimeRobot competitor that offers an overview of all your third-party cloud services on top of your regular status display. With a built-in direct monitoring feature, StatusGator users can set up status monitoring even for services that do not have an official status page. No other UptimeRobot competitors offer this feature, including such popular status page providers as Statuspage.io, Status.io, and Better Uptime.
More on better incident communication by StatusGator
- The Top K12 Software and Tools for IT System Administrators in 2024
- The Best 40+ Resources, Tools, Websites, Forums, and Communities for K-12 System Administrators
- 70 Facts and Stats on AWS in 2024
- K-12 Status Pages – How to Reduce Ticket Burden for K-12 Schools
- 5 Cloud Outages Tracker Tools To Monitor Vendors in 2024